There is a direct link often attributed between oral health and overall health. It’s often noted when an individual begins to suffer physically, the first area to be impacted is usually the mouth. If you have missing teeth, this can affect everything from your jawline to your waistline. Dental implants have multiple advantages:
– You can eat as normally as you could if you had a full set of natural teeth.
– They are the next best thing to healthy natural teeth. Some could even argue implants are much better than natural teeth as well.
– Implants prevent bone loss, which can cause shifting of the other teeth in the area around the missing tooth.
– The bone around the implant can actually grow to hold the implant tight, through a process called Osseointegration.
– Each implant can be custom crafted to fit your needs (including size, shape, color, and fit).
– Dental implants can protect natural bone, such as your jawline, which can deteriorate when not holding teeth in place.
– They can return the natural shape of your face back to what it looked like prior to the loss of your original teeth.
– Studies have shown you will receive a better reception by your peers, and you are much more likely to smile in public.
If you would like to learn more, or to set up an appointment, please call Kevin L. Caldwell, DDS, PC at 417.673.1988 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Webb City, Missouri, and let us get you started on the road to a brighter, whiter smile.